Working with a reputable lender is crucial to a smooth transaction when buying a home in Utah. You will want to be pre-approved for a loan before we go out looking at available homes for sale. Not only will this ensure that you will qualify for a home purchase, but more importantly, you will want to be comfortable with your monthly payment.
I’ve worked with hundreds of lenders and loan officers in my career and it can be a bit tedious in finding the right lender and loan officer to best serve you. There are several things you should look for when deciding on a lender & loan officer.
These are the items you should be comparing when deciding on a loan officer and lender to assist you in the finance end of the transaction.
1. What rate are they offering me?
2. What is the term of the loan? 30 year fixed, Adjustable Rate, etc.
3. Are there any pre-payment penalties if I pay off or refinance the loan early?
4. Can the lender close the loan in a timely manner?
5. Does the lender offer a better rate for having a stellar credit score?
6. How strict are the lender’s underwriting guidelines?
7. How much in closing costs are to be expected?
8. Would I work well with the loan officer? Does he/she answer their phone and/or return my calls promptly?
These are questions you need to answer before selecting a lender.
If you haven’t found a lender to assist you with your home purchase, I’d be happy to recommend a group of highly talented loan officers that work closely with my team. They represent SecurityNational Mortgage Company and are experts in the field. Our team of mortgage experts have all the programs necessary to successfully get you in everything from your first home to your last home. They offer the best rates on Conventional, FHA, VA, Utah Housing, USDA Rural Housing, Commercial and even hard money loans. They have 100% financing and we are well versed on individual city grants that offer $2,000-$10,000 for down payment and closing costs assistance.
They guarantee their rates and closing costs up front and will close your loan on time – NO SURPRISES – Guaranteed!
Click for a FREE No-Obligation Good Faith Estimate from our preferred lender. Your information will be kept secure and private.